Thursday, November 01, 2007

October was a month in which I realized I needed a little break...and boy, did I get one! My parents invited my boyfriend and I for a short visit in Colorado where we went to the Denver Aquarium, I spoke at my old college and with my church's youth group, and attended a reunion of friends from my semester abroad in college (LASP)! We also got to see the beautiful Aspen trees changing colors - something which I have missed living in Guatemala, where the seasons are hot, hot and rainy, or cool and rainy! =) After a week and half in Colorado, Hugo returned to Guatemala and my parents and I went on a church-sponsered trip to Greece and Turkey, to "Follow the Footsteps of Paul." It was an amazing time of beautiful and historical sights, learning a ton, relaxing a little (but just a little - they wouldn't let us give in to jetlag!) and seeing passages from the Bible truly come alive! We were able to visit Athens, Corinth, the sights of the 7 churches to which John wrote in Revelation, the island of Patmos where he wrote Revelation and Istanbul (where we visited the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia - and also witnessed a protest in the streets!), to name just a few! Praise the Lord for opportunities to learn, times to rest and for parents who bless me so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are not togheter now!!!!