Tuesday, February 12, 2008

HOUSEGUESTS

When I first moved into the house where I live, I was a little concerned, because I thought, it's a big house for just Sweetpea and me! But I knew there would be a purpose for it, and in this past month I have begun to see it. In January, I was able to host Arturo and Anita Jiminez - a Guatemalan/Salvadorean couple who spent the last year in Spain as missionaries! We were able to process some of their experiences, talk about the culture shock they experienced in Spain (even though they speak the same language in theory, it is a very different world from Central America!) and think through some of the ministerial obstacles they faced. Then last week, I hosted Beth Malingowski, a girl who will be coming to work with SEPAL full time in the spring! Over the last year, we have seen several families from our team go back to the States, so getting to meet Beth and see her desire to be here was a real boost for our team's morale! While she was here I took her to meet with all of our teammates, to see some of the sights here in the city and we talked a lot about what ministries are available to her when she comes back! It was a wonderful time and we are all praying for her to hurry and come back! I am so thankful for the opportunity to use what I have to bless others - like being able to open my house for people passing through - and I am so excited to hear the stories they have to share about what God is doing in them!

2 comments:

Ali Farmer said...

Hey Rebecca!

It has been so long since I last talked with you. I just rediscovered your blog and have loved seeing that you are still fulfilling your dream.

Today during church I thought of you and how much I enjoyed our deep talks while at CCU. I am glad to see you are doing well.

David and I are still in the Springs and now have a little dog Turbo. Aren't puppies fun!

Much love and blessings,
Ali

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.